- Amchoor (1tsp)
- Brown Mustard Seeds (1 tsp)
- Black Peppercorns (1 tsp)
- Carrot (1, finely chopped)
- Coconut (1tbsp (Freshly grated or desiccated))
- Crushed Red Chillies (2tsp)
- Fresh Coriander (to garnish)
- Garlic Clove (1 finely chopped & crushed)
- Indian Bay Leaves (4 crushed)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Red Lentils (1tbsp)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Tomato (1 quartered)
- Vegetable Stock (1 litre / 1¾ pints)
- White Cumin Seeds (1 tsp)
1) Dry-roast the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and black peppercorns until aromatic and crackling.
2) Mix the spices with all the other ingredients, except the coriander and bring to the boil.
3) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.